- Adventures in Ethiopia act only as agents of travel in all matters relating to hotel accommodation, transport of tour by vehicle, travel arrangement, and shall not be liable for injury, schedule change or delay from any cause of third parties or of tourists own neglect .
- Adventures in Ethiopia reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out any or all parts of the services agreed to be supplied.
- Only the laws of Ethiopia govern Adventures in Ethiopia liability to passengers transported in its own vehicles and all claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the court of Ethiopia in which the cause of action arises.
- In the rare event that a vehicle breakdown should occur Adventures in Ethiopia will make every attempt to provide a new vehicle within 24 hours.
- While every care is taken, Adventures in Ethiopia can not be held responsible for loss or damage to baggage or other personal belongings.
Unused Services – there will be no discounts or money refunded for missed or unused services. Including – voluntary or involuntary termination due to sickness, death of a family member, or for any other reason.
Booking and payment
Adventures in Ethiopia shall accept agency or individual requests for tours, car hire, hotels and air ticket reservations .
Your booking is confirmed and a contract starts when the Tour Operator or your travel agent issues a written confirmation of receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Adventures in Ethiopia or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. You agree to provide full, complete and accurate information to the Tour Operator.
By booking on behalf of another person or persons, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. You are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on behalf of another participant is complete and accurate and the Tour Operator will under no circumstances be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking.
On confirmation of tours, agencies or individuals making bookings with Adventures in Ethiopia shall make payments as follows:
- All booking request will be valid consequent only after 30% of the total cost has paid as advance payment and Adventures in Ethiopia confirmation of the booking by e-mail, letter or telephone.
The balance of 70% shall be paid upon arrival to Addis Ababa. Payment may be made through bank transfer, or cash. Other methods of payment may be discussed in advance.
- Please note that any bank transfer or wire fees are the responsibility of the customer.
- If complete payment has not been made as per above mentioned statements, Adventures in Ethiopia is not obliged to accept the client.
Cancellation by a client
Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing and acknowledged by Adventures in Ethiopia. The date on which the letter is received by the company will determine the cancellation charge applicable.
Cancellation charges are as follows:
- If there is a need to cancel a tour more then 2 month before arrival an advance payment will be refunded 100%,
- From 60 – 30 days prior to the arrival 50% of the advance payment will be refunded.
- Adventures in Ethiopia will charge 100% of the tour cost for last minute cancellations of less than 30 days prior to tour commencement.
- Adventures in Ethiopia strongly recommend clients to effect cancellation insurance.
Cancellation by the tour company
The company reserves the right to cancel a tour for any reason, but will not cancel a tour less than 30 days before departure except for force majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside the company’s control. When a tour is cancelled by the company the client may choose between a full refund of all the money paid or any alternative tour offered by the company.
Other reservation terms
- You are responsible for assessing whether a tour is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations. Here you can make sure a health information for travelers to Ethiopia. Adventures in Ethiopia does not provide medical advice.
Traveling in Ethiopia may involve visiting remote or developing regions, where medical care may not be easily accessible and medical facilities may not meet the standards of those found in your home country.
The Tour Operator gives no warranties in relation to the availability or standard of medical facilities in those regions.
The published price of the Tour and any products or services offered by the Tour Operator is subject to change at any time, before or after booking confirmation.
After a confirmation invoice has been issued by the Tour Operator, the Tour Operator reserves the right to impose surcharges on any products or services booked for reasons arising from increases in transportation costs, fuel costs, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services , local operator costs, currency exchange fluctuations, increases in taxes, or government action which impacts the price of the services.
- Upon learning of the necessity to impose a surcharge in accordance with this section the Tour Operator will provide notice to you as soon as reasonably possible.
Then you may choose to either:
- cancel the applicable booking without incurring any penalty,
- accept the change of price.
- You must notify the Tour Operator of your choice within 2 weeks of receipt of notice of the increase or you will be deemed to have accepted the price change and will be liable for payment of the increase.
- From time-to-time the Tour Operator may offer reduced pricing on certain services. Reduced pricing applies only to new bookings. Bookings where payment of at least a deposit has been received by the Tour Operator are not entitled to reduced pricing.
- Tour prices do not include international or other airfare unless expressly mentioned in the Tour’s descriptions. The Tour Operator will quote the best price available for the travel dates requested at the time the quote is prepared.
- The Tour Operator is not responsible for any charges levied by third parties or financial institutions and payable by you as a result of credit card or other payment transactions and will not refund or return any fees charged by third parties or financial institutions in connection with payments made by you to the Tour Operator.
- You may cancel your booking by notifying the Tour Operator. Cancellation fees, if any, will be determined with reference to the date on which notice of cancellation is received by the Tour Operator.
- You acknowledge that the nature of travelling in Africa requires flexibility and acknowledges that you will permit reasonable alterations to products, services or itineraries by the Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
- Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the Ethiopian Embassy or Consulate in your own country. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
- Adventures in Ethiopia assumes that all clients have valid travel insurance. It is the client’s responsibility for obtaining sufficient personal travel insurance. The client is willing to accept full responsibility for insurance up to limits that the client may require. This insurance should cover personal accident, medical expenses, air ambulance, repatriation expenses and evacuation expenses. It is strongly recommended the coverage be extended to include cancellation, curtailment, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the client. When obtaining travel insurance the client must ensure that the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
You agree that, while participating in any Tour, images, photos or videos may be taken by other participants, the Tour Operator or its representatives that may contain or feature you. You consent to any such pictures being taken and grants a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to the Tour Operator to reproduce for any purpose whatsoever (including marketing, promotions and the creation of promotional materials by or with sub-licensees), in any medium whatsoever, whether currently known or hereinafter devised, without any further obligation or compensation payable to you.
Acceptance of risk
Due to political and cultural differences, as well as generally tougher physical conditions, travel to the areas we visit involves risks other than those we take in our daily lives. It is also the client’s own responsibility to acquaint himself/herself with all possible relevant travel information, including their own External Affairs Office and any other sources available to him/her. It is important that clients make themselves aware of the risks involved and are responsible for making their travel plans accordingly.
- You acknowledge that in the case of adventures travels, the services offered by the Tour Operator may involve a significant amount of risk to your health and safety. By traveling with the Tour Operator you acknowledge that you have considered any potential risks to health and safety. You hereby assume responsibility for all such risk and releases the Tour Operator from all claims and causes of action arising from any losses, damages or injuries or death resulting from risks inherent in travel.
- You agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for providing information or guidance with respect to local customs, weather conditions, specific safety concerns, physical challenges or laws in effect in any locations where a tour or service is operated. You acknowledge you have considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges and your own personal capabilities and needs, and you expressly assume the risks associated with travel under such conditions.
- You must at all times strictly comply with all applicable laws and regulations of all countries and regions. Should you fail to comply with the above or commit any illegal act when on Tour or, if in the opinion of the Tour Operator (acting reasonably), your behavior is causing or is likely to cause danger, distress or material annoyance to others, the Tour Operator may terminate your travel arrangements on any product or service immediately at your expense and without any liability on the Tour Operator’s part. You will not be entitled to any refund for unused or missed services or costs incurred as a result of termination of your travel arrangements, including, without limitation, return travel, accommodations, meals, and incidentals.
- You are responsible for any costs (including repair, replacement and cleaning fees) incurred to the Tour Operator for property damage, destruction or theft caused by you while on a Tour. You agree to take all prudent measures in relation to your own safety while on Tour including, but not limited to, the proper use of safety devices (including seatbelts, harnesses, flotation devices and helmets) and obeying all posted signs and oral or written warnings regarding health and safety. Neither the Tour Operator nor its Third Party Suppliers are liable for loss or damages caused by your failure to comply with safety instructions or warnings.
- The Tour Operator will not be liable in any way for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment to person or property, or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred, or for the Tour Operator failure to commence, perform or complete any duty owed to you if such death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment to person or property is caused by Act of God, war or war like operations, mechanical breakdowns, terrorist activities or threat thereof, civil commotions, labor difficulties, interference by authorities, political disturbance, howsoever and where so ever any of the same may arise or be caused, riot, insurrection and government restraint, fire, extreme weather or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Tour Operator; or an event which the Tour Operator or the Third Party Supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee any and all of which, individually and collectively, constitute “Force Majeure”.
Adventures in Ethiopia reserves the right to update or alter these Terms at any time, and will post the amended Terms on Adventures in Ethiopia website.
Any amendment will take effect 10 days after being posted to Adventures in Ethiopia website.